Saturday, 10 September 2011

Clooney: Clooney versus. Clooney just hype

TORONTO-- It'll be Clooney versus. Clooney within the honours podium -- as well as the box office, for just about any spell -- like the tell that to George Clooney.Inside a Saturday press conference for "The Descendants," Alexander Payne's Fox Searchlight family drama (November. 18) showing in the Toronto Film Fest, Clooney was asked for in regards to the timing of the film and also the helming/acting pic, Sony's political drama "The Ides Of March" (March. 7), is also at Toronto."I have found this is an very odd step to consider competition when talking in what I still consider as art. I never consider rivaling stars or filmmakers," he mentioned. "You will still compete within the box office, (but) we're far enough apart that i'm not concerned about that, either. Within the finish throughout your day I don't really consider competition, I'd rather not consider it a race with anybody."Appreciate it or else, Clooney might be lining facing Payne to get the best director kudos."I'd rather not race Alexander," Clooney mentioned. "That could be a drag."Later inside the Bell Lightbox conference, with Payne and youthful stars Shailene Woodley, Amara Burns and Nick Krause onstage with him, Clooney was reminded that whenever he won his "Syriana" best supporting actor Oscar in 2006, he joked: "Okay, so I'm not winning (best) director" (an allusion to his nom your evening for helming "Evening and finest Of LuckInch).What exactly about now?"This can be a harsh step to request," he mentioned wryly. "I've won an award once, when I die they assert 'Oscar champion -- it's a great type of step to possess concerning the tombstone. However really don't have this dying need to collect things."Though he's deft while using politics of honours season now, Clooney recommended there's an occasion when he wasn't so cavalier."There's a period that you come from this and you also get competitive. You're going to get taken up trying to deal with people. It becomes obvious that that is silly -- we're evaluating artists which i don't realize that.Inch Contact the number newsroom at news@variety.com

No comments:

Post a Comment